El Cuerpo InventadoFrom 12 September To 15 December 2019
A wonderful exhibition about the female figure through a 100-year history of fashion that analyzes how the female body has been drawn over the last century.
On September 12, a new exhibition about the female figure and her silhouette is inaugurated in the Azca Room. A journey through more than 100 years of fashion history.
Beauty is a cultural concept that has varied over time. The beauty canon has been decided in each era through economic, social, political and also artistic factors. In the case of women, the female body has been living - and suffering on many occasions - these modifications. There are practices of all kinds: from the lightest ones that dress or undress, cover or uncover to the most radical ones that lengthen, cushion, contract, deform or imprison the female anatomy.
Although the modifications of the canon were subtle until the 19th century and were extended for years, decades or even centuries, in the 20th century the processes accelerated and the woman's body has seen all kinds of transformations in her way of covering herself. Thus, The Invented Body is about this beauty story about the costume of the last 100 years.
The exhibition offers the visitor an analysis of how the woman's body has been drawn over the last century, after the end of World War I. From the refined cut of the 20s, through the vertical elegance of the 30s or the new femininity of the New Look by Christian Dior; of the hidden body with which Balenciaga revolutionizes fashion or the new concept of women in pants by Yves Saint Laurent or Giorgio Armani, not forgetting the current moment in which the nude dresses the woman. And all, in addition, through great aesthetic references of each moment, such as Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Madonna, Lady Gaga or Audrey Hepburn.
Enjoy a 2 euros discount if:
- you are under 18yo
- you are over 65yo
- you are a student
- you have any functional diversity
Free entrance for children under 4yo
Supporting document or id will be requested at the entrance.
Check the discount is applied during the purchasing process. Once the purchase is completed we cannot accept changes nor refunds.
No valid for Tuesdays
Enjoy tickets for 8,50eur purchasing 15 tickets or more. This groups discount is valid for all sessions except weekends and bank holidays. Please contact us: email@example.com.
Choose a session. Every ticket allows you to enter the exhibition between the times showed. Not before and not after.
- Free entrance for children under 4yo
- Under 16 years may not enter the venue without a responsible adult
- Estimated duration of the tour: 60minutes
- Cloakroom not available
- It is not allowed to eat or drink
- You must have 3D Secure activated on your card to buy tickets on this site. For more information, contact your bank.
- Keep in mind that all ticket sales are final; there will be no refunds, seat changes or returns once the purchase process is complete.
- Discounts are applied to the price before you make your card payment. Please check the discount has been applied.
- A maximum of 9 tickets can be bought per transaction. For larger groups, please call (+34) 902 731 944 (ext. 205)